RE: [NetEpic ML] PDF new version

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 12:10:18 +0300

[snip]

The recon vehicle is a good idea, I have looked for a such thing for a while

now. Why not let them transport 1 inf stand? I've just seen the old movie
Delta Force where Chuck Norris & Co clings on to the outside and inside of
their Jeeps. (No bail-out rolls off course)

JS: Hmm, I like this. Maybe a recon platoon with 5 tac stands in addition to

the vehicles. How does this sound?

-->This sound great, but we have to keep it as a support card only, as the
PDF should be a relative slow moving force.

JS: Definetely. Only as support card

Although obsolete, I think the Mammoth should be allowed as a companycard
also. There should be a lot of "irregular" and obsolete equipment out there.

JS: The reason why it was restricted to support cards was the idea that PDF
has somewhat limited resources and therefore less vehicles. Personally I
love tanks and would not object if people want the Mammoth be available as a

company card. If even one speaks up you outnumber me 2-1 and I must make the

Mammoth available as a company card ;) BTW; I made a more modern heavy tank
for the IG for my personal use. I could post the stats if you like.

-->I would very much like to see it! The mammoth is a pretty hard hitting
tank, so I see your point. Lets keep it the way it is. The sabre wil fill
the roll perfectly, and if people doesn't have the sabre, it is lots of
other minis that can fit the stats.

[snip]

JS: This unit was inspired by my favorite unit in C&C (guess which) :) It
really isn't that special, I just wanted to make something that would fit
between the normal and superheavy tanks of IG. I made this because I love to
field as many tanks as possible. A good miniature for this would be MAATAC
TT02 "Conqueror", the gun barrels IMO need some work but otherwise it is
very "Imperialish". The picture can be found here:
http://www.stellargames.com/maatac-terran.htm
<http://www.stellargames.com/maatac-terran.htm> I am very tempted to make
some stats for TT02 "Devastation", it looks just like something that has
rolled out of Squat factories.

Here goes:

Rogal Dorn (Imperial heavy tank)

Move 15cm

Saving Throw: 2+

CAF: + 4

Weapons: Twin Battlecannon, Missile Launcher, Bolters

Range: Twin Battlecannon 75cm, Missile Launcher 75cm, Bolters 15cm

Attack Dice: Twin Battlecannon 2, Missile Launcher 1, Bolters 4

Roll To Hit: Twin Battlecannon 4+, Missile Launcher 5+, Bolters 6+

TSM: Twin Battlecannon -2, Missile Launcher -1, Bolters 0

Detachment (2 Rogal Dorns)

Break Point: 1

Morale: 4

VP: 2

Cost: 200

Company (3 detachments of Rogal Dorns and a command Rogal Dorn)

Break Point: 4

Morale: 4

VP: 6

Cost: 600

I will probably make a poll of the PDF issues to see what people think.

Jyrki "There is no such thing as too many tanks" Saari :)