Re: Defensive first fire

From: Steven <snew1_at_...>
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 23:54:03 -0000

This might be a good rule. It's one I have thought about a lot since
I usually find myself doing the assaulting and I'm not bothered in
the least what orders the assaultees have. This never seems right
since I'm supposed to be attacking a hardened position and those IG
infantry or whatever really fold when a howling Clan of Goffs crashes
into them. Sorry Kelvin :( The First Fire just isn't a real deterrent
the way it stands.

I also don't think the charging units should get any cover modifiers.
This is just my opinion.

SNEW

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <pramos2_at_u...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> One thing I don't klike about units on first fire shooting at units
that engage it is that there is no real danger for the assaulting
force. The shots are taken normally just like any other shot. The
risk is about the same which usually means not much. If you add that
the attackers get cover modifiers of the terrain defensive fire is
pretty lousy.

> In Heresy I resolved this with a higher probablility of hitting.
This makes assaulting a defended prepared position dangerous, unlike
now.

> We don't need any elaborate rules for this though, I wonder if a
simple +1 to hit would make it worthwhile.