RE: [NetEpic ML] Planetary Defense Force

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2000 10:15:08 +0300

[snip]
> That Tactical Company, at present, has the same stats as a IG Tactical
> Company, costing 600pts. Something isn't right here.

PDF has lower morale: 5, and that is IMO the main difference between PDF and
IG. The PDF DO have about the same level of military training as IG, the
difference is in their dedication to the Emperor (morale) and the equipment
they receive. IG has the first pick and PDF gets the leftovers.

> I think it makes sense to reduce the CAF of these average
> type forces.
>

> Give the Imperial Guard its due. They ARE elite, just not
> SUPER elite.

They have better morale, better equipment, more company level formations and
free Commissars. What I WOULD like to see is penal troops for IG.

> Warprat ;)

[snip]

Jyrki Saari