RE: [Net Epic ML] Titans & other questions.

From: Peter Ramos <pramos2_at_...>
Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2000 19:11:09 -0500

Hi!

Actually I would put the blame on Robin Dews and Gavin Thorpe for the last
fiasco. Epic 40k was Robin Dews baby as far as promotion and it was botched
badly due to lack of support. They pulled all old models off the market and
never speedily released more thus the game died. Andy is a pretty good
designer I think and he did a good effort, the company is solely to blame
for their bonehead marketing.

As for The Imperator, judging from the old plastic one, it would have looked
more boxier like the new warlord model. I personally would have preferred a
Warmonger model, but I might as well ask for the moon.

As with all GW games they recycle every 24-36 months. Since the last version
officially went out of print around April 1999, we still have a while to
wait since its probably a year or more off. Then again as we have discussed
before, I'm not so sure epic will be in 6mm given GW's penchant for changing
things in such a way to make all previous stuff obsolete.

A lot of people have been using Battletech mechs for titans, don't know what
else is out there that may be appropriate.

Peter

    As we all know Andy the Crack smoking idiot destroyed EPIC my favorite
game. And it seamed that Games Work Shop did not even want to get the minis
out for it. Well that's enough of my bitching. My first Question for you
people on the list is, what do you think what the Imperator would have
looked like if they would have come out with one? Since GW came out with a
new Warlord that had a more modern looking appearance to it makes me wonder
what the new Imperator would have looked like. I'm thinking of scratch
building one if I get some good ideas. The next question, heard if Workshop
is going to come out with Epic again in the near future. And lastly has
anyone out there come out with there own Titans for
   Epic?