Veteran HQs

From: <100kheretics_at_...>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 15:34:37 -0000

Does it strike anyone else as kinda wierd that Space marine veteran
companies have the same HQ units as everyone else? I'd think that a
veteran unit would be pretty likely to have a veteran HQ.

My suggestion would be to have a Veteran HQ unit with the same stats
as a regular HQ, but w/ one of the 2 special abbilities of the SM
Commander (ie forced march or tactical genius) to be chosen before
the beginning of the game. Thoughts? Would this make the SMs too
powerful?

And on a side note, why aren't there any special veteran units for
the IG? In W40K (small-scale) there's an entire regiment (calan or
something... called the "deathworld") that's considered veterans... I
wouldn't think that the Imps would have that much difficulty fielding
a company or 2 of veterans (and I'd also support the veteran HQ for
them too)...