Re: [NetEpic ML] Gargant Weapons v4.0

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:47:59 +1000

At 08:37 AM 8/25/00 -0400, dardman wrote:
>The gut buster ball is a mystery to me. Do you auto hit and then roll for
>scatter? As for a titans and praetorians I think the first shield is taken
>out then roll for scatter and if the ball goes in the direction of the
>titan takes down all its shields and then roll for scatter on the hit. For
>anything else the ball is an auto hit and then roll for scatter. If 'hit'
>comes up the ball doesn't skid.

The Ball Round is really very simple. You fire it and place the template
where you want it within range and fire arc. Then roll for scatter as per
an indirect barrage. Place the template at its new position. Now roll 4D6
and move the template this many centimetres IN A STRAIGHT LINE AWAY from
the gargant. ANYTHING that falls under the impact point and path of the
ball template is automatically hit with a -4 save. NASTY weapon.

If it hits a Titan, it kills all the shields (at my club we said that for
each shield killed the Ball loses 1cm of roll due to the loss of energy in
killing the shield) and causes an automatic hit to the bottom row of the
Titan. Logic dictates that you don't roll for scatter on the Titan
Template as the Ball can ONLY hit the lowest locations as it is rolling
along the ground. If you think you still should, I'd only roll the "Left
Right" dice to show it could deviate only in the one axis.

-Kelvin....

      When you're feeling down just
      remember that you are unique.
        Just like everyone else.