Re: [NetEpic ML] Force dome

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 19:37:00 -0400

Hi!
----- Original Message -----
From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
To: <netepic_at_egroups.com>
Sent: Monday, August 28, 2000 6:22 AM
Subject: [NetEpic ML] Force dome

> In the squat 4.0 armylist the description of force dome states that:
> Vortex Missile and Warp Hunter templates may nullify the force dome in the
> same way as power fields and void shields. If it does not then the Vortex
> missile will stop as soon as it touched the dome.
>
> The Vortex missile description states that a shielded model looses ALL
> shields automatically. Does this mean that
>
> a) There is a typo in the Force Dome rules; the dome is automatically
> nullified by the Vortex missile.

A is the correct one, will reword. The vortex nullifies the spell but NO
damage is caused.

> Warp Hunter rules say nothing about what it does to the shields. Just
that:
> "This weapon is a smaller version than the one mounted on the Phantom
> Titan". The comparable Phantom Titan weapon is D-Cannon. While I know that
> and most people who have played SM2 probably know I don't think new
players
> know that, so I suggest making the reference a bit more clear by saying
that
> the Warp Hunter weapon is also a D-cannon.

Omission no doubt, these weapons do nothing to shields a shielded target is
immune to this weapon (as well as the D-cannon) when shields are
operational.

> About the shields; D-cannon rule state that :"Unfortunately this weapon
> cannot create a stable warp hole on a shielded target so any model with
> operative shields of any type is immune from attacks from this weapon. "
so
> the Warp Hunter cannot affect the Force Dome.
>
> Also in the Force Dome description is stated that:
>
> Wave Serpents firing their warp wave may nullify the force dome, just like
> void shields. A moving wave serpent will be stopped if it does not
nullify
> the force dome.
>
> In the Wave Serpent desctiption it states that: "Titans/Praetorians with
> active shields lose a single shield". So, in what situation the Force Dome
> is nullified?
>
> a) If the wave hits (on 4+); in this case I suggest altering the wording
by
> stating "Wave Serpent Warp Wave nullifies the Force Dome if it scores a
hit
> against the Force Dome". Or something like that (native english speakers
> ahoy!), the reference to the shields is a bit unclear.

This is correct and will reword as you suggest. The force dome functions
like an enhanced shield, so D-cannosn/warp hunters could not effect it, but
the wave serpent if it scores a hit after it is shot then it comes down.

Thanks a bunch very excellent pick ups!

Peter