Force dome

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 13:22:41 +0300

In the squat 4.0 armylist the description of force dome states that:
Vortex Missile and Warp Hunter templates may nullify the force dome in the
same way as power fields and void shields. If it does not then the Vortex
missile will stop as soon as it touched the dome.

The Vortex missile description states that a shielded model looses ALL
shields automatically. Does this mean that

a) There is a typo in the Force Dome rules; the dome is automatically
nullified by the Vortex missile.

b)There is a typo in the Vortex missile description; the shields stay up on
X+ rolled on d6.

c) Other (what)?

Warp Hunter rules say nothing about what it does to the shields. Just that:
"This weapon is a smaller version than the one mounted on the Phantom
Titan". The comparable Phantom Titan weapon is D-Cannon. While I know that
and most people who have played SM2 probably know I don't think new players
know that, so I suggest making the reference a bit more clear by saying that
the Warp Hunter weapon is also a D-cannon.

About the shields; D-cannon rule state that :"Unfortunately this weapon
cannot create a stable warp hole on a shielded target so any model with
operative shields of any type is immune from attacks from this weapon. " so
the Warp Hunter cannot affect the Force Dome.

Also in the Force Dome description is stated that:

Wave Serpents firing their warp wave may nullify the force dome, just like
void shields. A moving wave serpent will be stopped if it does not nullify
the force dome.

In the Wave Serpent desctiption it states that: "Titans/Praetorians with
active shields lose a single shield". So, in what situation the Force Dome
is nullified?

a) If the wave hits (on 4+); in this case I suggest altering the wording by
stating "Wave Serpent Warp Wave nullifies the Force Dome if it scores a hit
against the Force Dome". Or something like that (native english speakers
ahoy!), the reference to the shields is a bit unclear.

b) Other (what)

And no, I do not spend my time designing multiple choice forms :-)

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.