RE: [NetEpic ML] Re: Special Cards for Space Marines

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:51:53 +0200

Nils

1500 points that is calculated by Epic 40K rules right? That would be the
equivalent of a 3000 point NetEpic army

For a DA force I would always start with the Ravenwing it's a real bargain
for only 400 points. Secondly I would have added a Battle company for 850
points, putting the assault detachment in a T-Hawk for another 100 points. I
would keep the t-hawk off table for the first round in order to keep my
opponent guessing as to where I would strike!

There's always a good idea to take along some Termies. I would go for the
whole Deathwing company, that's another 1000 points. I always field as many
companies as I possibly can, to try to keep the breakpoint up! Thats 2350
points. Take 2 warhounds, that's another 500 - 550 points (dependent on the
weapons you choose for the titans) I like to field one of these with two
multipple rocket launchers giving my marines much needet artilerysupport.
The second I usually equip with a plasmablaster/infernogun and a vulcan mega
bolter.

A Marauder squad would take your total up to 3100 points. If your opponent
can agree on that then it's ok, if not leave the thawk at home. Vindicators
and Predators are IMHO not nessecary since your 10 landraiders in the
deathwing company will give your army sufficient armour.

Nils