Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW1

From: <deaconblue3_at_...>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 02:38:55 -0400

I was thinking about converting WWII to Net Epic. GHQ has a great line of
1/285 scale figs. They have improved upon their infantry as well. Not
just
those sitting block 0f troops that go into transports.

-->GHQ now makes individual infantry troops, as an FYI. the quality is
pretty good, but suffers from some breakage due to thin parts.

I was thinking of keeping the Net Epic rules the same just changing the
units to match the era. For example, a sample platoon would look like
this:
Riflemen (2) (standard infantry unit)
Bazooka team (1) (heavy weapons unit)
Machine gunner (1) (rapid fire unit)
Sergeant (1) (HQ unit)

-->As a general rule of thumb, this would be OK. But it would be better
to have individual TO&E's for each nation. Each nation was fairly
consistent on the Company, and even Brigade level, while the divisional
TO&Es varied greatly. Not that difficult to find the info to do this...

Josh R
Minister for General Mayhem
"Don't let the bastards grind you down." Gen. Joseph Stilwell