Re: [NetEpic ML] Iron Warriors

From: hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2000 14:01:29 -0400

True the Land raider is the MBT for the SM, but we are taking a different
type army here. Don't get me wrong, I love this tank. But in my eyes the
Iron Warriors are sort of like SM that use IG tactics to fight. The land
raider is just not able to fill a seige tank roll no matter how you work it.
After going through all the list the only tanks I could find to fit a seige
roll are the tunelers and the Gorgon. The reason I say give them drop pods
is from the fluff, it stats the Iron worriors betrayed their oaths to the
Emperor in the wake of the drop site massacres on Istvaan V. Same for the
trenches and razor wire, it stats, In accordance with Perturabo"s doctrines
the Iron Warriors had rapidly established strong holds and trench systems
around there drop zones. So to stay with fluff they need the drop pods. And
to excel in seiges they need a seige tank like the Gorgon, and termite
supports. Just my thoughts, for I've dabbled in making list for the Iron
warriors and Night lords on my own and its not easy LOL hard to find any
ifno on them.