Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: Ork Stormboyz

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 09:54:27 +1000

At 04:16 PM 9/3/00 +0100, Vic wrote:
>I don't give them gargants or ork veichles, I only give them imperial
>veichles and one titan per stormboyz "clan". One thing I forgot to mention
>was that each "Kaptin" takes three stands of stormboyz and they act like a
>seperate detactment. They can join one of the other five detactments
>permanatly or for a turn while they boost there numbers. the two detactments
>can take\qive squads of stormboyz to each other. You can have more then two
>detactments join. The stormboyz in there detactments all followed there
>kaptain

While I like the idea of a Stormboyz Kumpany as an optional Klan, what's
with this restriction of only Imperial/Chaos Titans and Imperial
Vehicles? Forgive me for saying so but that's just stupid. The Blood Axes
are the most "'oomanized" of the Orks and even they still build Gargants
and Ork vehicles. An Imperial or Chaos Titan would be far too technical
for Orks to use and to see an Imperial Titan in an Ork force would look
stupid. Even if painted in Ork colours. I don't like the idea of Orks
getting Imperial Titans. But I really like the idea of the Stormboyz
Kumpany. My take on your Idea would be:

Stormboyz Kumpany:

5 Kaptain Standz (one formation) + 15 Stormboyz Standz (one formation)
VPs- 8 BP- 10
Cost: 750pts

The Stormboyz Kumpany may field support cards normally restricted to Blood
Axez Only.

Nice idea, but the Imperial/Chaos Titans + Imperial Vehicles only is pretty
bad. Its really does take away from the Orkyness of the Ork army and makes
it much less unique. Plus allowing Orks to field more Imperial Equipment
over the Blood Axe Land Raiders and Rhinos makes it far to easy for people
to abuse the privilage to fill in gaps in the ork force (namely
ARTILLERY). Plus keeping them as one BIG formation instead of allowing
them to split into the smaller ones is much more Orky. 15 Stormboyz
rokkiting their way across the battlefield with their Kaptainz in tow would
be a very cool sight.

-Kelvin....

        When you're feeling down
      remember that you are unique.