RE: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW1

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 11:16:01 GMT

>Didn't the StG44 stay in service with East-German border police until
>almost
>the fall of the Berlin wall????

i think so. It wasnt a bad weapon at all. One of the first to fire lower
velocity ammunition at a high rate. (I know the M2 carbine did too)

Also, the FG 42 formed the basis for the american M60.

And if you dont believe me try to compare pic's of 'em.

i read somewhere that the americans tried to copy the MG42 and rechamber it
for their own Cal .30 ammo, hoever, due to a small miscalculation on the
lenght of the german ammunition the gun did not work and they kept their
brownings.