RE: [NetEpic ML] Terminators & transports

From: eivind borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 15:17:12 +0200

I can live with 4 termies to be teleported to the batleground as a
specialcard. That would allow players to use them offensively without
dibling to much with gameballance.

I have also done some research on the new Land Raider Crusader, and here is
my thoughts:

The Crusader is originally bult for the Black Templars SM Chapter to carry
their termies (relativley) safe right up to the enemies position. They have
replaced the lascannon with bolters to give close support to the infantry
once unloaded. They also have an increased transport capability, 8 termies
in stead of 5 whitch is the usual in 40K. These tanks are uncommon outside
the Black Templars.

I think a translation to netepicrules should look something like this:

Special Card to replace 7 Land Raiders in a Terminatorcompany
Cost 100

(I ran the stats below thruogh the formula, and got the price to be 150
cheaper than the original 7 Land Raiders, so you are in a way paying 250 for
the special card.)

Move 25
Save 3 (The crusader is lightlier armored to gain speed)
CAF +3
5 Bolters of 15 cm hits on 6+ (2 on right & left side, 1 on turret on top)
1 Hvy bolter of 25 cm hits on 5+ (Mounted in front of the crusader)

Transport capability of 2 infantrystands.

If we should go "all by the book" the crusader should in stead of
transporting 2 inf stands transport 3. I dont think this is a good idea for
netepic, to gain speed is much better. (If Im not mistaken, the Rihno and
the Land Raider has the same movement in the newest version of 40K....?)

What do you think?

Eivind