Re: [NetEpic ML] Iron Warrior votes (LONG)

From: Andy Michaud <amichaud_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Sep 2000 10:04:41 -0700

Weasel Fierce wrote:

> here goes:
>
> Iron Warrior special ability: (Pick one or more))
> A: All stands start in foxholes (as trenches but each segment covers only
> one stand)
> B: Stands are dug in automatically when assuming first fire orders
> C: Each Iron Warrior company get a free trench card
> D: Each Iron warrior company get a free razorwire card
> E: C and D
> F: Iron Warriors get a +1 assault bonus when assaulting buildigns, trenches
> etc.
> G: As F but increased to +2 for veterans
> H: Iron Warriors can ignore razorwire when moving
> I: Iron Warriors get an assault bonus near objectives (15 cm. or so)

F, G, H, I - All look good just don't make them defensive...Would change
then entire face of chaos.

> Terminators:
> A: Terminators are designed for close assault in dense terrain and should be
> available
> B: Termi-armor is too heavy and would bog down / slow down an assault. Thus
> not used by Iron Warriors

B - too slow and not offensive enough.

> Heavy weapon infantry: (Please make notes of availability too (company,
> support or?))
> A: Regular (Not veteran) Warrior stands have range of 75 cm. (keep other
> stats as normal)
> B: New unit (Havocs?) with stats equivalent to marine devastators
> C: No heavy wepaon infantry

Heavy weapons would be nice but I see this making chaos less of a
different army and just a renamed Imperial guard or Space marine army.
RIght now Chaos has very few Long Range units.

> Dreadnoughts: (Pick as many as you like)
> A: Iron Warriors may buy marine dreadnoughts
> B: Improve existing chaos dreadnought
> C: Iron Warriors may buy dreadnought-only companies
> D: Iron Warrior infantry companies include a dreadnought detachment
> E: Each company get a dreadnought detachment as a free card

B if anything, but then again that will affect game balance.

> Field artillery:
> A: Should Iron Warriors have access to heavy artillery like the imperial
> bombard? If so, should this be self-propelled or a slow field gun?
> B: All Iron Warrior artillery starts the game dug-in ??

I think that chaos should not be aloud any more artillery than it
already has. Once again a balance thing.

> Tanks and other units: (Please make any relevant statements about
> availability, modifications etc.)
> Rhino (y)
> Predator (n)
> Land raider (y)
> Vindicator (n)
> Thunderhawk gunship (y special card)
> Bikes (already have chaos bikes)
> Gorgon type vehicle for mine clearance (sounds good)
> Land raider modified for trench crossing (sounds good too)
> Predator with flamers instead of lascannon (maybe)
> Sabre (n)
> Flamer infantry (y)
> Chaos recruits (y)
> Veterans (y)
> Scouts (marine style) (once again makes Chaos into imperial)
> Assault engineers (for clearing wire, mines etc.)
> Drop pods (n)
> AA guns??

Ok on the AA gun issue, They do not have any AA guns becuase Chaos
already has the best Air Defence in the game. Look at the Flyers it has,
they are cheap and deadly against other air units. I think that AA guns
goes against the Chaos idea, charge, charge, charge.

> What should lead a company? My suggestion is a chaos champion which we
> already have stats for.

Sounds good

> Should Iron Warriors be allowed to take generic minion cards as well?
> (cultists, beastmen etc.)

Yes

> Should they be allowed to pick specific minion cards too (propably a maximum
> of one card) or only generic??

Yes

> please make your voices heard, remember if you do not speak up, noone hears
> you

I love playing Chaos, It is one of my favorite armies, I feel that it is
quite powerful alredy if used correctly, If we give Chaos all these new
options, it will become way to unbalanced in my opinion.

There's my 2 cents...hope it helps

Andy