Re: [NetEpic ML] Iron Warrior votes (LONG)

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 09:18:35 +1000

At 10:41 AM 9/4/00 +0000, Weasel wrote:
>I think we are ready to do a little voting here. Please everybody with the
>slightest interest give me your votes on each of the following things and
>then we can pick uot those things we do not want and those that the majority
>think are cool.
>
>Feel free to suggest more.
>
>here goes:
>
>Iron Warrior special ability: (Pick one or more))
>A: All stands start in foxholes (as trenches but each segment covers only
>one stand)
>B: Stands are dug in automatically when assuming first fire orders
>C: Each Iron Warrior company get a free trench card
>D: Each Iron warrior company get a free razorwire card
>E: C and D
>F: Iron Warriors get a +1 assault bonus when assaulting buildigns, trenches
>etc.
>G: As F but increased to +2 for veterans
>H: Iron Warriors can ignore razorwire when moving
>I: Iron Warriors get an assault bonus near objectives (15 cm. or so)

I actually would prefer something completely different. How about taking
the road the other Chaos Legions already have? A Chaos Power Card! The
World Eaters have the Blood Rage, the Thousand Sons have the Vortex of
Tzeench etc. With the other Legions why not give them a special ability
not represented by modifying their stats, but by use of a card? The Iron
Warriors could have "Siege Breaker" as their power where for one turn all
Iron Warriors Marines fighting CC in built-up terrain double their CAF to
+6? It would keep with the current theme of the other Chaos Marine Legions.

>Terminators:
>A: Terminators are designed for close assault in dense terrain and should be
>available
>B: Termi-armor is too heavy and would bog down / slow down an assault. Thus
>not used by Iron Warriors

B. for me.

>Heavy weapon infantry: (Please make notes of availability too (company,
>support or?))
>A: Regular (Not veteran) Warrior stands have range of 75 cm. (keep other
>stats as normal)
>B: New unit (Havocs?) with stats equivalent to marine devastators
>C: No heavy wepaon infantry

A. And only as support. NOT as a company.

>Dreadnoughts: (Pick as many as you like)
>A: Iron Warriors may buy marine dreadnoughts
>B: Improve existing chaos dreadnought
>C: Iron Warriors may buy dreadnought-only companies
>D: Iron Warrior infantry companies include a dreadnought detachment
>E: Each company get a dreadnought detachment as a free card

F. make a special Iron Warriors ONLY Siege Dreadnought with Heavy Weapons.

>Field artillery:
>A: Should Iron Warriors have access to heavy artillery like the imperial
>bombard? If so, should this be self-propelled or a slow field gun?
>B: All Iron Warrior artillery starts the game dug-in ??

None.

>Tanks and other units: (Please make any relevant statements about
>availability, modifications etc.)
>Rhino
>Predator
>Land raider
>Vindicator
>Thunderhawk gunship
>Bikes

Yes to all of these.

>Gorgon type vehicle for mine clearance

Nope. Its an IG unit, let it stay as such.

>Land raider modified for trench crossing

Nope.

>Predator with flamers instead of lascannon

This would be O.K.

>Sabre
>Flamer infantry
>Chaos recruits

I thought we'd vetoed these?

>Veterans
>Scouts (marine style)

Nope. Let the scouts stay as Imperial only.

>Assault engineers (for clearing wire, mines etc.)

ONLY as optional.

>Drop pods
>AA guns??
>
>What should lead a company? My suggestion is a chaos champion which we
>already have stats for.

Yep.

>Should Iron Warriors be allowed to take generic minion cards as well?
>(cultists, beastmen etc.)

This was my thought for the Chaos Marines. They bring their cannon fodder
along to take the hits for them.

>Should they be allowed to pick specific minion cards too (propably a maximum
>of one card) or only generic??

They aren't devoted to any particular power so they could only take the
generic cards.

-Kelvin....

        When you're feeling down
      remember that you are unique.