Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos Legion Company Cards [LONG]

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 08:50:54 +1000

At 03:57 PM 9/5/00 -0400, hellreich wrote:
>Let us not forget that the original 4 get chaos cards plus bonus from there
>Primarch/Deamon the Newer ones Night Lords, Iron Warriors, and such have no
>god to give them powers. Some no longer even have there Primarch like the
>Night Lords. These type are supposed to be neutral and don't pleadge
>themself to any one God. So to make them different they need some different
>units and army construction Basicaly these type of Choas armies are SM
>armies of Heresy times and no more, they just follow Chaos and now hate the
>Emp.

The Original 4 do indeed still get their Special one-shot power card. But
What bonuses do they get from their Primarch? In the current Chaos list
(the Daemon army) the only benefit they get from their Primarch is the fact
that if they have line-of-sight to him, they automatically pass any morale
checks if he is still alive (but remember that if he dies, they all must
make morale checks, even if unbroken) plus the fact that the Primarch is
usually a monster in Close Combat. They get no other special bonuses.

In the Chaos Marine lists I posted, all of the Legions get a one-shot power
(granted to them by their devotion to Chaos and their own abilities). The
Emperor's Children, Thousand Sons, World Eaters and Death Guard are no
better or worse than the others in that respect. As they are aligned to a
power, each of these 4 legions can field Lesser Daemons as support, Daemon
Engines as support and Greater Daemons as Special Cards. But remember that
I powered down the Greater Daemons only letting them use their Chaos Cards
to either save themselves or to enhance the Legion they are fielded by plus
they only give units within 10cm the auto-morale pass, not line-of-sight
(and if the Daemon dies, only those within 10cm must check morale). This
way, the original 4 Legions are only slightly better off than the add-in
Legions, but this easily rectified by upping the power of their one-shot card.

In the lists I posted, the major differences come about from the SUPPORT
cards the different Legions can field, like the Iron Warriors' Iron
Dreadnoughts, the Night Lords' Raptors and the Alpha Legion's Cultist
Infiltrators. THIS is where the different Legions get their character (as
well as their power) without turning into an
"Imperial-Marines-in-Chaos-Colours" force list.

-Kelvin....

        When you're feeling down
      remember that you are unique.
        Just like everyone else.