Re: [NetEpic ML] about new Chaos Space Marines

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Sep 2000 09:09:55 +1000

At 03:28 PM 9/6/00 -0400, you wrote:

><http://www.egroups.com/mygroups>My Groups |
><http://www.egroups.com/group/netepic>netepic Main Page |
><http://click.egroups.com/1/8150/6/_/7255/_/968268229/>Start a new group!
>
>Kelvin
>You know Weasel just pointed something out to me. How can the new Space
>Marines of chaos, if they don't follow one Greater Deamon, be able to take
>Chaos cards? They wont!!

You're right. They can't take Chaos Cards as they stand. None of them can
unless the 4 aligned Legions decide to burn their Special Slot and field a
Greater Daemon.

>so you'll have to kill this one shot power cards idea for no Great Deamon
>no cards. So lets just stick to making each of the newer chapters
>different with units and army make up. Just allow them the generic deamons.

Why should they lose the one-shot card? These cards are specific to the
individual Legion demonstrating both a)the benefits of
worshipping/following Chaos (like the Word Bearer's worship of Chaos
Undivided) and b)the innate abilities of the Legions' troops (like the Iron
Warriors' Siege Breaker). The whole reason I simply took Companies of
Generic Chaos Marines (as someone else pointed out, one of the best
all-round units in the game) and gave them a one-shot card was to keep with
the theme already spelled out by the original 4 Epic Chaos Legions.

One of the biggest problems with NetEpic we've had in the past has been the
massive glut of excess units in the game. With the One-shot card option
and addition of the odd special unit (Berserkers, Iron Dreads, Raptors,
etc) available only as Support Cards we cut down on the number of troop
types in the game while still giving each of the Legions a different feel
and style. A little generic maybe, but still different enough without
bloating the game with new types of Marines and vehicles for each Legion.

-Kelvin....

        When you're feeling down
      remember that you are unique.
        Just like everyone else.