Re: [NetEpic ML] Epic WW 2 infantry stuff

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 05:48:05 GMT

>One thing I have noticed is that most people discussing this subject have
>exact details of the troops and vehicles. It is a good thing and a bad
>thing as well. Keep in mid detail is important but too much may cause
>problems. I suggest using the Net Epic core rules as a template, use a 10
>or 12 sided (I like the 10 personally, easy for percentages), implement
>armor penetration (a sniper or a rifleman shouldn't have a chance in Hades
>of taking out a heavy tank), create units around the Net Epic model
>(tactical=rifleman,devastator=bazooka,assault=MG troops and have other
>units such as a HMG team, mortar team etc...).
From there we could make a viable game that isn't as detailed as the Avalon
>Hill classics but fun just the same.

True, the best wargames combine playability with detail and realism. That is
what makes netEpic so cool.
most historical tactical games out there drown in detail and complicated
rules stuff. However, a certain amount of historical accuracy and detail is
still desiraable and (in my oppinion) enjoyable