Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos, lets get going!

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2000 05:57:57 GMT

>I. Traitor legions
>
>Here we will have the standard ones like world eaters and other as well as
>the ones Kelvin brought. Each Legion has a special card and a patron (or
>lack thereof). Extra primarchs and such can be optional units.
>
>We must strictly mention what support will be available keeping in mind the
>strength and balances of chaos (no long range weapons no heavy artilllery).

Does this mean no special amry lsits and stuff for the various legions?

If so, I have to disagree a bit but otherwise this sounds fine except:

I cannot see why chaos marines should not have heavy support!

I am aware that chaos hordes with the daemons and stuff would be much too
wild with efficient long range firepower, but chaos space marines are still
every bit as tactically flexible and organized as loyalist space marines,
and surely would recognize the need for ranged weapons too.
Virtually every chaos source I have read does not state the upon betraying
the emeperor a marine is forced to discard all heavy weapons and tactical
knowledge and throw himself at a land raider armed only with bolter and
chainsword.

I agree that heavy support should be limited to certain legions (like the
emperors children (noise marines), the iron warriors and the alpha legion
perhaps) and should not be common place. but they would definately have such
equipment, especially since they lack such things as land speeders,
razorbacks etc.

>At the heart of the legions is the primarch, support cards are added in the
>usual way.

I would rather see real company cards, chaos marines are sufficiently
motivated to fight without primarchs, some primarchs are dead, and
besides...how can a primarch participate in EVERY battle a chaos legion
fights

>II. Demonic Hordes
>
>This is mainly demons and supernatural beasts like minotaurs and such, as
>well as demon engines.
>
>These minions will have little if any support outside their "hordes"
>
>III. Renegades
>
>This is a mix of a small amount of demonic hordes and mainly IG forces,
>actually I would strongly recommend using Jyrki's planetary defense force
>list to represent them since these guys are "substandard" as compared to
>IG.
>
>I guess in general some general restrictions as to how to mix these forces
>should be in place, for example traitor legions should not mix with
>anything except some minor demonic horde component, but never renengades.
>In fact renegades and traitor legions should never mix and demonic hordes
>could be "shared" by both in small (25%) packages.

All good here

Weasel