Re: Mixing armies

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:42:35 -0000

-- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "Peter Ramos" <primarch_at_b...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> You are correct, in the original version of space marine there was
a 25% allied rule a who can ally who list. It was decided in the
original draft of netepic to leave this as strictly optional between
players since the majority of members at that time felt allies made
it somewhat easier to win versus "pure" armies.

> Besides since its optional people can play to taste without any
impositions from us.

> Peter
>
> there was a 25 percent allies rule at one and a list of who
would fight with who.

Hi!
On this list you cant really force anyone to do anything,people can
adapt what they like and ignore what they dislike. This is absolutley
the way it should be!

It is very hard to beat a mixed army, so some general guidelines
regarding mixing would be nice. (My gaming group have always mixed
armies, mostly SM & IG, but some times also Squat & IG due to
shortage of miniatures)I dont really like the idea of mixing but if
one where to mix, 25 % "foregin" troops would be more than enough.

Can somebody send in the list of who would fight with who, I would
really like to see it.

One last question: The Defenders of the Imperium list, is that
considered as one list free to mix?

Eivind