Re: Mixing armies

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 09:49:50 -0000

> Can somebody send in the list of who would fight with who, I would
> really like to see it.

Basically the good guys can ally with each other. Of the bad guys,
Orc and Chaos can sometimes get along. Tyranids never ally with
anyone else - they just eat them.

> One last question: The Defenders of the Imperium list, is that
> considered as one list free to mix?

Old point of contention. By logic this should be a yes - any Imperial
commander worth of this name would gladly use whatever forces at his
disposal. However, SM and IG armies cover each other's weaknesses too
well, so this is a definite no-no in terms of play balance.

My proposal: do not EVER allow to freely mix armies. If you want to
play with mixed troops, decide this with your opponent beforehand -
and then throw the doors open. Allow mixed Eldar-Imperial-Squat
armies, give traitor IG artillery to Chaos-Orcs armies etc. It's just
about the only way to preserve balance.

Luca Lettieri