Re: [NetEpic ML] Imperator troops, save vs Squat rad bomb

From: hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 09:40:31 -0400

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: quester
  To: netepic_at_egroups.com
  Sent: Friday, September 15, 2000 7:35 PM
  Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] Imperator troops, save vs Squat rad bomb

       My Groups | netepic Main Page | Start a new group!

    Peter Ramos <primarch_at_bellatlantic.net> wrote:

      Peter i think you gaving these two titans another weekness they don t need, the rad bomb and flamers should only be powerful enough to get into them in one spot like all other blast weapons . thats what this is all about not if they were real could they leek in. the fact is the troops arn t in a building there in a 600ft. tall walking tank with lots of other weekness.

>>> Bastations are open areas hench if sheilds are down then troops may be hit with Template and no cover modify weapon types. Plus let us not forget that Void sheilds only stop shots fired from missile type weapons, WEAPONS with FORCE. A flame type weapon or weapon that ignores Cover has no force and covers the whole area and artillary type shower the whole area with millions of fragments surly some will bounce around and find small openings.

      and to the person who keeps saying that the Imp.titan fits in the rad bomb temp should know that the mod. is only 1/40 to true epic scale, in other words it should really be over 14" tall.......

>>Well Knights are only supposed to be slightly taller then Dreadnaughts, Thunder Hawks should be the Size of Capital Imp. Capital Imp should be the size of two card buildings long and 4 card buildings wide. Nothing is to the right scale. A Nuclear Bomb can put radiation out over a 25mile radius I'm sure this 600ft tall one city block wide Titan would be in this area when the bomb goes off.

      i just read through the TL and netepic Imp. titan rules and the troops can be attacked in close combat with a -2 to the attacker but you can t shot at them except as part of the titan and net epic has not changed this as its written

      Correct. But as usual they left out how weapons that ignore cover affect these troops. They can't be shot at of course, but flames or radiation seeping through the firing ports is anothe deal.

        Question? the big ork gargant is alot more open then the Imp. and you can assault through the whole thing...like its one big building....so can you shoot at all its crew????

        This one is easier, as you mention the mega-gargant is prettu open, you can assault it and shoot at the crew with the -2 to hit versus targets in hard cover. The gargant is in essence a building on tracks with its pros and cons.

        I would think the troops are well enough protected that they can t be shot at without punching through the titans armor ........

        They are well protected, thats reflected in the -2 modifier to hit, but the protection is nowhere near the Imperator's protection.

        Question: by the way it looks like the troops can fire the build in bolters ,or secondary weapons, or their own guns in some implacements. but they cant shot both the bolter, or secondary weapons and their own guns at the same time look at the troop placement template
        theres some kind of build-in gun in each place that needs to be maned to fire...

        Thats a good point, allegedly the counters in those spots man the cannons, but it is more in a supervisory role since the actual physical work is done by gretchen and snotling, but if they are eliminated then there is no one to obligate them to work and the cannons go unfired. So in essence they CAN fire the big gun and their own smaller weapons too.

        personally i thank you need to leave them as troops in transport and as non-targets just to keep it simple.......yes they can shoot out their gun ports , but the ports only have to be big enought for the barrel of their gun to go through like a brinks armor car...and there are better gun ports like in the bradley IFV which is air tight for example......

        In a human example I agree, but orks dont make things in quite the same way and a fireport in their case is probably a section of missing wall.......

        PS: by the way, i ve not said a single personal thing back to anyone

        I know, don't worry all is calm.

  "Is it time to play?"