Re: [NetEpic ML] Re: the wimpy rad bomb

From: warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2000 00:53:07 -0700

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your great response!

To me, Epic battles ARE fought like that. The banners, the WWI and
ancient mentality, etc... The pictures are accurate. It's just hard
for us to imagine being that way.

The Warhammer universe is not our destiny. We try to expain Warhammer
units and tactics in terms of what we understand. Mainly WWI, WWII, and
modern. But Warhammer is a twisted universe. It may have human life in
it, space ships, tanks and stuff, but the attitudes and philosophies
are very, very, different than our own.

When was the last time you ever saw a banner on a modern war machine?
Warhammer battles are Warhammer battles. They are not of OUR universe.
The tactics and units, only make sense in a Warhammer context. If I want
gun ports, sane tactics and units, I'll play something else.

A large part of the fun, for me, is trying to put myself into the
Warhammer spirit, when I'm playing the game. I like the giant moving
castles, that spit death and destruction. I like the insane carnage and
pageantry that IS a Warhammer battle. Playing, lets me forget my world,
and imagine another.

Warprat ;)