Re: [NetEpic ML] Chaos Legions question

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 08:30:00 +1000

At 06:19 PM 9/20/00 +0000, 100kHeritics wrote:

>One thing that never really sat right with me (and this may have been
>me taking the wrong interpretation) was that under the old system you
>could only field 1 company per legion.
>
>If you wanted 2 chaos companies you had to take 1000 sons and world-
>eaters for example.
>
>The reason I thought (think) this is because you could only field the
>traitor legion company card if you fielded the primarch greater
>daemon... since the primarchs would naturally be unique, some of the
>larger battles I played ended up with 3 or even 4 (full) traitor
>legions.

Yes, this is the reason why. Remember that the original Epic (and hence
NetEpic) Chaos armies are DAEMON armies. The Marines aren't the forcus of
the army, the Daemons are.

>Given that fluff wise, a current company is less than 1 percent of an
>original legion, that restriction kinda irritated me.

Understandable, but remember that these are Daemon armies and so the focus
was on the Daemons and whatever minions they bring with them.

>So the basic question is, will people be able to field more than 1
>company of each of these legion types?

The lists I will make up will be based on fielding a Black Crusade where
you can mix and match the various Legions but I don't see any reason why
you couldn't field and all Iron Warriors or all WorldEaters force. It
would restrict the types of units you could field but yes, the Chaos Space
Marine lists I will do up will allow players to field more than 1 company
card of a particular Legion.

>If so, how do you plan on
>addressing the primarch issue for the existing ones? If not, why in
>the name of Khorne not?

In the Daemon Army list, things will remain unchanged. You will still only
be able to field one company of each legion with its relevant Primarch. In
the Chaos Space Marine list, you field the LEGION as the core company card
with the Primarch for that Legion fieldable as a Special Card for that
company. The original 4 Primarchs (Mortarion, Magnus, Angron and Fulgrim)
will not be as beefy in the Chaos Marine Lists as they are in the Daemon
List (where they are the focus of the army) but will still be nasty
(basically their ability to affect their troops' morale will be downrated,
stats and powers will remain unchanged). The other Legions whose Primarchs
are still alive will most likely have stats written up for them and
included as Special Cards.

-Kelvin....

     I have spoken to God and he said
    "The end is around here somewhere.