Re: [NetEpic ML] help needed

From: Edward Philippi <allhailtokimo_at_...>
Date: 1 Oct 2000 19:16:49 -0000

        You might want to look for an old copy of Avilon Hill's game Firepower. The index and squad, platoon, and possibly company listings of everything from Biaffrian insurgents in 1960 to Iranian Islamic human wave troops from 1988 and everything in between. Actualy I hated the game but the organizational info was great. I know it goes pretty cheeply on E-bay or if you'd rather I might be able to find it in my storage unit next weekend.
        I'll also try to find my copy of Air Cav. It has lots of company info on NATO/Warsaw Pact troops from the late 80s-1990s. I will copy them and send it to you.

        Eddie

>Albert
>

>>From: "Weasel Fierce" <septimus__at_...>
>>To: netepic_at_egroups.com, slammer_at_egroups.com
>>Subject: [NetEpic ML] help needed
>>Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 05:48:38 GMT
>>
>>Hi there...I am starting to consider developing a modern-day skirmish
>>wargame which is going to be called World War 2000.
>>
>>I need a lot of information about modern armies however (My knowledge lies
>>mainly with WW1 and WW2)
>>
>>The stuff I need about as many countries as possible are:
>>
>>Relative quality, training and motivation of army.
>>
>>Squad sizes and organisations of various units.
>>
>>Various special units (engineers etc.) and special forces.
>>
>>Weapons used (assault rifles, sniper rifles, SMG's (if any), rocket
>>launchers, grenades, machine guns (light, medium and ehavy) etc.
>>
>>Quite basically anything related to infantry combat.
>>

>>If ANYONE of you guys out there has such information (i know there are a
>>numbe rof military types present on these lists) PLEASE help me. It doesnt
>>matter what country you have info about

Email your boss can't read - sign up for free disinfo.net email
at http://www.disinfo.com, your gateway to the underground