What is the Elite ability?

From: <debray_at_...>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 21:30:41 -0000

Hi,

I couldn't find any explanation about the Elite ability in the core
rules. As I mainly play Space Marines, I would be quite interested to
know more about it.

There is another point where I need a clarification:
Is it allowed to buy support cards of a special Space Marine Chapter
for a company of a non-special Chapter (for instance, am I allowed to
field the Space Wolves Blood Claws as a support to my Ultra Marine
Battle Company)?

Finaly, I would like to salute Tzeench for his great work on the new
EpiCentre.

See you.

Christian