RE: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Slann defeated! (By a one time only mistake...)

From: Karlsen Rune <rune.karlsen_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 09:59:37 +0200

Sound advice, thanx alot :)

-----Original Message-----
From: warprat [mailto:warprat_at_...]
Sent: 5. oktober 2000 09:12
To: netepic_at_egroups.com
Subject: Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Slann defeated! (By a one
time only mistake...)

Hi Rune,

Drop Pods, yeeecch!

I deal with Drop Pods in the following way:

1) I try not to let them paralyse me.
2) I put some of my forces on FF, especialy those with modifiers. But
never more than 1/2 of my forces.
3) I put some fast attack units in reserve. Either T-Hawks, or Bike
type units.
4) While the Pods drop, I hit them with FF units that will not have LOS.
5) After the Pods open, I hit the infantry with LOS FF units.
6) I charge the unopened Pods. (That really scares them!)
7) Then I exchange Advance fire.

These tactics have helped to dampen my opponents enthusiasm for dropping
Pods in my back lines. My first game against Pods lasted all of one
turn. ;) I do much better now. Although I'm sure I have MORE to learn!

Better luck next time!

Warprat ;)