Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Rules Question & a little Addition ;-)

From: Daniel Wolf <MasterDanielWolf_at_...>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2000 23:18:23 +0200

Hi back! ;-)

> Hi!
>

> Hello all,
>
> i'm back again with a few more questions & remarks:
>
> 1. NetEpic v4.0: quite ok, also i think that a 4+ void shield repair and
> normal repair is way too hard for imperial titans. My gaming group & i use
> the 5+ rolls...
>
> Do you have any game examples on how this worked out? The experience has
> been varied on this.
>
> 2. a few questions regarding flyers: We use flyers like described in the
> rule booklet in v4.0 (no seperate flyers phase). Now we have the following
> problem:
> Is it true that just AA units (and infantry stands who are directly
attacked
> by flyers) can fire at flyers? This is quite "shitty" for an chaos player,
> who hasn't any AA units and can just buy a few flyers (but on the other
hand
> he has the advantage of having real good cc troops, therefore this
> disadvantage is ok...).
>
> That's pretty much the story, but as you pointed out chaos flyers have the
> highest CAF of all epic flyers and can gain air superiority relative
quick.
> Of course they are somewhat expensive.

But when you have no flyers in a game (which happens quite often to my
friend ;-) i get him ice-cold. ;-)))

> 3. the Capitol Imperials: Whow, this one got a few hefty upgrades (volcano
> cannon, plasma cannons, longe ranged bolters... ;-). It now costs 600
> points. How much did it cost in the original space marine rules? (i don't
> own the original game, just a friend of our gaming groups has a copy of
each
> box).
>
> Originally it cost around 350 if I remember correctly. The current outlay
is
> its original form from AT.

What's AT?

> Now just a suggestion for the capitol imperialis: what about an option to
> choose the original behemoth cannon instead of the volcano cannon (4
barrage
> templates are very cool!)? OK the range of 25cm is a bit short, but maybe
we
> upgrade it to 50cm....
> Write what you all think about it!
>
> Works for me, would cost the same right?

Yeah, 600 points and you can choose if you want the volcano cannon or the
behemoth cannon. We just have to think about the range of behemoth 25cm or
50cm...
(It's quite difficult to make balanced units, i discoverd this when we
started tinkering with the 2nd Ed. WH40k...)

Thanks for company listing!

Bye
Dan