RE: [Net Epic ML] !! Important !! Rules & Typo Clarification

From: Peter Ramos <primarch_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2000 18:34:26 -0400

Hi!

Daniel, if you are up to this I could really use your help, its far faster
if at least two people can do this. I agree with your proposals for
formatting and in hindsight believe the previous organization was better. I
have, of course all the Space marine rules as well as the version 3.0 files
that I could share with you (scanning the original books if need be).

I don't know who else would like to volunteer, we could sure use the help.

Daniel contact me directly if you are able to tackle this and we can get
some guidelines together.

Peter

Hi all you readers,

i followed your last description of the slann battles, where was mentioned
by Rune we should do a major rules clarification & type eradication ;-).

Now THIS is a really good idea. Now i have the following suggestion:

1. A group of people (around 5 or 10 or so) should take one booklet and
revise it with v3.0 NetEpic (i assume that all v3.0 docoments are /more or
less/ ok) and also make a look at the original space marine / titan legions
rules.
Then we should do a listing what's different to the original rules and let
this confirm by all members. Maybe a points verification of original sm/tl
to Netepic would be a good thing.

2. I think it's better when all the rules concerning one army are in the
appropriate army book, and there should be no seperation in a rule book,
titan book and praetorian book.
I would like a layout as in v3.0:

        a. Core Rule Book
        b. Alternative Rules
        c. The different Army books

3. I think this major revision is essential, because i myself noticed some
errors or strange things in the booklets of v3.00 and v4.00 (as this one:
the warhound scout titan save from the side was increased from, i think, 2+
(original rules) to 3+)

4. When this is done, just two or three person should make the layout and
produce the final booklets (i think this would be peter ramos and some
others; maybe i??)

5. To start with, i would do a complete listing of differences for the space
marines, and imperial army, tech guard. Who helps?

So i hope my listing wasn't too heretic ;-) but i think this is a real good
idea!!

Bye
Dan Wolf