RE: [NetEpic ML] Slann victorious again?

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:26:39 +0300

It grinded to halt due to the same reasons as before: people who can't see
anything wrong with the Imperium being abysmally slow in advancing
scientifically VS people who think something more should happen in 10,000
years. These two factions haven't so far been able to agree on common
course.

> Heh, you're definetly older than me, and i sure like to have
> fun. I guess im just not very good at "taking on a roll" if
> you'd like to call it that. Whatever your playing fancies,
> as long as you have fun, it doesnt really matter what the
> outcome is or how you play. Perhaps ill become more childish
> with age? ;)

Nope, you just stop aging in some respects. At least that's what happened to
me. Then again, at 28 years I don't rate among the old timers yet.

> My best wishes to you and your family, id sure like to have
> a daughter/son as Co-general one day :) By then, we'll
> probably all play Virtua-Epic(TM) (with Virtual Reality
> glasses) online
> on huge databases with thousands of people in a gigantic tournament!
> Now that would be cool!:) Real-Time video and sound feed from
> your opponent in Japan, cursing you as you execute a perfectly
> timed move.

Or whining constantly about his bad luck in case of me. You sure you want to
hear that? ;-)

> A Video quality 3D Epic setting in which you could walk
> around, ordering your lifesize troops to attack the pesky humies.

I'd order my artillery to crush the enemies of mankind to pulp.

> Seeing rockets fired and missing. The Orks would be hilarious to
> watch, while the frightening visage of Chaos or the Tyranids would
> be enought to scare the hell out of anybody. There would, of course,
> be a gore setting, so you could se bodyparts flying and blood
> splattering.
> Complete in 5 channel Stereo surround of course :)
>
> Guess im a dreamer!
>
> Rune :)

That sounds fun. When do we start coding? Maybe we can finish this in time
for our retirement to be full of action...

[snip]

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.