Re: Core rule interpretations

From: Luca Lettieri <magnus_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 14:01:30 -0000

> >Multiple combats should be paired off and any extra moving to
> >double and triple up.

> It seems more people on the list agree than disagree with this,
> perhaps its worth including in the core rules?

> Anyone against this?

I agree in principle, but it's still too vague about what happens
with multiple units, especially when weird situations crop up (i.e.
one unit contacts two enemy ones, then an allied unit arrives but can
only move to contact one of the two enemy units etc.).

Either we lump everything together (but there's a potential
"cheesiness problem", like using a fast, large and cheap unit to
"span into contact" with several enemy ones and use the trick to make
an elite CC unit join combat with all enemy units at once), or we
specify rules to solve the problem.

Luca Lettieri