Re: Core rule interpretations

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 11:56:49 -0000

The way we play, that you have to attack a whole detechment 1 on 1
before doubling up makes units with good caf even better.

Thats why we have a hard time killing necrons in CC, and thats why I
have suggested a reduction of 2 in their caf. If you could "single
out" units, a reduction of 1 would be sufficient.

We will try a reduction of 1 in caf tonight, but I expect my beloved
squats to take a serious beating.

It is very difficult to discuss CAF on new units if we have two
different ways of resolving CC. We have to agree upon one!

Eivind
--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, jyrki.saari_at_n... wrote:
> [snip]
> > I agree in principle, but it's still too vague about what happens
> > with multiple units, especially when weird situations crop up
(i.e.
> > one unit contacts two enemy ones, then an allied unit arrives but
can
> > only move to contact one of the two enemy units etc.).
> >
> > Either we lump everything together (but there's a potential
> > "cheesiness problem", like using a fast, large and cheap unit to
> > "span into contact" with several enemy ones and use the trick to
make
> > an elite CC unit join combat with all enemy units at once), or we
> > specify rules to solve the problem.
> >

> We might say that one detachment, no matter what the size, can only
charge
> one detachment. This leads to (at least) one problem, however, I
can see a
> whole clan of Orks being forced to charge an aspect warrior unit...
Although