Re: [NetEpic ML] RE: [Net Epic ML] Time for another poll: close combat interpretations!

From: Daryl Lonnon <dlonnon_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2000 17:02:59 -0600 (MDT)

I'll stop lurking for a sec,
> Hi!
>
> Although i do not know as much about close combat in epic as others, i like
> the way of first engaging all models in a det. before doubling up (in Epic
> 40,000 it works the same way). It must be ensured that 4 terminator stands
> 1 whole detachment!!!) is really good at close combat when it is attacked
> be (much) *more* cheaper troops.
>
> There is only one thing left:
> Does this rule say:
>
> a) engage all models once (in the _charge_ range of the attacking unit)
> or
> b) engage all models once in the det. (what means when you can't reach all
> models of the defending unit, because they are out of your charge range, you
> may not double up?)
>
> This one is a bit omplicated. I can't say which one i would favour... What
> do you all think?

c) o You delcare a charge versus a detachement or a set of detachements.
   o You measure to all the detachements' stands to determine which stands are
     in charge range (probably while actually moving the figures).
   o Each stand in range and in a detachement that has a charge
     declared against it must be engaged prior to doubling (doubled
     prior to tripling).

That way, if my Rough Riders want to focus on a detachement of guardians,
I can choose to have them hit just that detachment (and ignore the
Harlequinns/Warp Spider/Exarchs sitting near them). Or I could
choose to have them hit the Harlequins, or I could choose to have
them spread out and hit them all or ... .

Or maybe I'm missing what you're saying,

Daryl