[Net Epic ML] Re: Battle report Squat vs. Ne cro n Mantis & CAF

From: Eivind Borgeteien <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 19:37:56 -0000

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, nils.saugen_at_s... wrote:
>No, before the battle we agreed to end the fight at 40 points,
although we played 3100 points.

I dont want to bicker too much over the course of the battle, as it
easealy becomes too private for this fora, but I had only 3 movable
bikes left. Theese would never have held the bridge. They would have
been charged by the necron lord & shot to pieces by the infantry in
the building nearby.

Eivind

Squat vs.
> > Ne cro n Mantis & CAF

Ne cron
> > Mantis & CAF
> >

> > --- In netepic_at_egroups.com, nils.saugen_at_s... wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I agree Peter, this was my first game with my Necron army, and
as I
> > said
> > > earlier I felt that this was a really close game. I had a half
> > desent plan,
> > > and stuck to that throughout the game. I still had to make a
gamble
> > in the
> > > last round. I was running out of troops fast in the city on the
> > left flank,
> > > and my push would have stopped, Eivind Still had a full
detachment
> > of
> > > Berserkers lurking in reserve and his airship had taken up a
perfect
> > > possition above the city, ready to rain death over my few
surviving
> > troops.
> > > The Mechs and the last nemesis would have been gonners for sure
in
> > the next
> > > round. So I had do win the game in the second turn, and did so
by 3
> > > points!!! Thas a close shave if you ask me!
> >
> > ---> 3 points? You won 42 to 26!
> >

> > * I thought it was 48 - 26? I needed 45 points to win, thats 3
> > points....... Which you could easily have taken from me, by
securing one
> > of the bridges in the middle of the board with your remaining
bikes!

> > > As for the mantis rolls, I was able to catch each detacment
with
> > two fields,
> > > so Eivind would have to check twice for each detacvhment. I
think
> > that the
> > > detachment roll is the better option, perhaps we could make the
> > hit roll
> > > 3+ as sort of a compensation?
> >
> > ----> NO NO NO NOWAY!!!!!!!!!!!
> >
> > Eivind