BATTLEREPORT Chaos/Necrons

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 10:03:01 +0100

Hi, new battle report!

3000 Points, my opponent is somewhat inexperienced, so he was allowed some
extra points.

Battle Report

Necron Forces:

Necron Raider Company
Necron Assault Company
Cube Master Detachment
Necron Stalker Detachment
Mantis Missile Detachment
Conqueror SH Tank
Nemesis MBT Detachment

Chaos Forces

Mortarion
Death Guard Legion
Death Guard Terminators
3 Rhino Detachments
1 Nurgle Magus
Plague Tower
Blood Thirster
2 Khorne Juggers Detachment

Warlord Titan
Havoc Missile Rack
Turbo Laser Destructor
Deathstorm Cannon

Battleboard (as seen from the Necron setup zone)

The right area was dominated by woods and hills, while the left area was
more open containing quite a few ruined buildings, the Necron setupzone had
a couple of hills, while the table on the Chaos end was more open and flat.
The Victory points were evenly distributed along the centre of the board.

Report:

An eerie, unnatural, evil darkness had befallen the planet. The crescendant
chanting of a few fanatics had lead to the fall of this once beautiful
place. The joy and celebration the followers had felt that day they
sacrificed to the Blood Good, had been replaced by screams of terror from
thousands souls when the Demons had leaped from the warp and feasted on
their sweet innocence. In their wake followed death and decay, Lord
Mortarion and his deathlegion had landed on this planet to spread their
decease to this part of the galaxy.

THUNDERCLAP

For a brief moment the battlefield was illuminated by the light, then the
darkness engulfed it again. The winds howled thropugh open gaps in the ruins
of once beautiful marble buildings, and rain poured down filling every ditch
and stream, soaking the earth, making the ground soggy and slippery.

The Bloodthirster nestled in the ruins of a building scanning the opposite
side of the battlefield. He smiled demonically and his forked tongue slipped
over his long fangs. Then he spread his wings, and glided towards the forest
close by to partake in the new offer feast to his God Khorne.

On the other side of the field his opponents approached in closed ranks,
they moved in total silence the rain trumming on their steel grey armour. In
the woods to the left the air shimmered and shuddered as long slim armoured
figures entered from the warp. They where met with the high pitched screams
from bloated Death Legionaries charging at them, then they heard a strange
chanting and a wind of plague swept through the woods felling the Necron
Assaults. The Chaos marines hacked the few survivors to bits, they died in
silence.

On the right the earth trembled under the feet of the might Titan,
Abdominator. It fired at the grey silhouettes of the Nemesis and Stalkers on
the other side of the field lighting up the dark skies with its missiles and
lasers. The enemy faltered and fell, then regained their composure and fired
back the Titans lost its shield in a volley of shots from the Nemesis. Then
the Conqueror fired and reduced the Titan to Slag.

In the centre of the board the Blood Thirster led the rest of the Plague
Marines into battle with the Necrons. A Necron Lord charged into the fray,
screaming a challenge to the Blood Daemon, The Thirster ignored the
challenge and waded in between the remaining Necrons, leaving a path of
death behind him.

On the far right in the ruined streets a terrible battle raged, between the
Chaos Terminators and a group of Assault warriors, when the battle was over
a sole unit of Terminators stood victorious, the stench of decay all around
it.

Then it happened, the Remaining Necron units withdrew in orderly fashion,
the followers of Chaos where victorious!

Final Score
Chaos 41
Necrons 29

Aftermath:

Well I was thoroughly defeated! My mistake was to spread my forces to thin
trying to capture far to many VP's, and the Chaos powers, surprised me, and
destroyed an entire detachment of assault trooper without taking a single
causality. I also was tricked into firing at the Plague Tower, when I should
have shot at the Blood Thirster, forcing my opponent to forfeit more chaos
cards. Not a good game for me, I was beaten by a better player! But I'll be
back! You can count on that!

Nils