RE: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic WW2 (loong)

From: Weasel Fierce <septimus__at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2000 08:54:35 GMT

> > Yeah, I suppose a heavy tank would have a save round 3+ or so.
> > Reduce the bazooka to -3 and PIAT to -2 ???
> >
>I would recommend giving the PIAT and Bazooka the same save mod, since PIAT
>had better penetration than the early bazooka (43) and only slightly worse
>than the late war models (44-).

yeah okay.

>If a heavy thank has a 3+ save on a d10, a bazooka would have 1/2 chance of
>killing a King Tiger by penetrating the frontal armor, while in Real
>Life(tm) the chance would be significantly lower.
>
>Which makes me still recommend a penetration based system.

Well, I would suggest that a bazooka stand would represent 2-3 bazooka armed
troops and 2 with rifles / carbines.
When cooperating they would stand a fair chance of destroying armor.

Alternatively we could make tanks heavier (2+ or 1+ armor). Also, destroying
a tank might reflect damaging or immobilizing it, resulting in the crew
bailing out

How would you do a penetration system???

Could you come up with some examples on how this should work?