RE: [NetEpic ML] NetEpic WW2 (loong)

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2000 15:36:30 +0200

No, since armor can be greater than 10 (1+ if saving throws are used) and
penetration can be greater than 10 (-10 in case of save modifiers). A King
Tiger would have armor of about 14 and its KwK would have penetration of
about 13.

> BTW: Tanks suffer -1 to saves in the sides now in NetEpic, if
> using d10 I
> would suggest using -2 for side shots and -3 or even -4 for
> rear shots.

-4 would suffice for both; the difference between side and rear armor
usually wasn't that great.

> >Of course, this is radically different from the save based system of
> >NetEpic, and may even be too complex for the "simple
> faction". However,
> >this
> >is my take on the system.
> >

> Sounds reasonable, but I think it can be done in pretty much
> the same way
> with saving throws. We can just apply very low saves to some
> units, possibly
> even 1+ or 0+ to reflect that some vehicles are so heavily
> armoured that
> regular troops would be unable to hurt them.

For the real beasts (King Tiger, Stalin, Etc.) the save would have to be
negative...

> One more thing: I want to use two CAF values for troops. One
> for infantry
> targets and one for armored targets.
> Oh, and make away with tanks assaulting each other

My thoughts exactly. Vehicles would have higher CAF for overruns and lower
CAF for the
other situations,like in AT, reprsenting the fact that vehicles are much
more vulnerable if ambushed. Also, I would recommend passing a morale check
before assaulting an AFV, it requires a lot of guts.

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.