Re: [NetEpic ML] Core Vote

From: warprat <warprat_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 05:42:46 -0800

Hi Eivind!

The final results both give about the same casualties. But they differ
GREATLY on how the various units from both sides are left at the end of
the turn.

Your way, is neat and sanitary. The many substeps create a situation
where the enemy armies are divided at the end of the turn. In essence,
the Close Combat burns itself out in ONE turn.

The original method, (which I gave an example for), is NOT neat and
sanitary. Big battles will rage for at least a couple turns, as the
game goes on. Survivors from both armies the first turn, will be locked
on the second turn. It's very messy, but more realistic.

My vote is for the "Down and dirty", method of the the original rules.
Huge Close Combat battles, that take on a life of thier own. More like
the raging inferno, a big battles should be.

Comments?

Warprat ;)