Re: Core Vote

From: Jim Barr <jimebarr_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Nov 2000 13:57:00 -0000

Hi all!

I haven't read all the details of all the posts on this, but from the
basic gist, I'd say I have to agree w/Warprat here. The multi-turn
close combats is part of the flavor of the game to me - get to have
dramatic moments like (pardon the puns) epic last stands holding up
advances. "We know we're not gonna make it, but we can buy the
Captain time to reach the objective!" etc...making it all last only
one turn I think would make games go even fewer turns, and heavy HTH
armies would make out much better, being able to successively go from
enemy to enemy that much faster without the threat of the horde of
bikes/'stealers/juggers/whatever being held up by the guys who refuse
to die...

Jim