Re: [NetEpic ML] War Monger play test

From: hellreich <hellreich_at_...>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2000 16:33:44 -0500

Well to make it weaker start by making weaker weapons not stronger like you are doing. Hehehe :-) you give it weapons as strong if not srtonger then the Imp Titan drop a few light weapons, hence the lower number of bolters, then increase the ranges by 30cm with some silly plane trick like the Squats, and you want it cheaper. Well lets just keep in mind the plane to be like a special character so should increase price by say 150-200pts, I'd say 200pts for the faster move and better weapons than normal specials. Increase weapons by 30cm, again a special abillity, so increase point cost again 150pts. More weapons with bigger punch, again special ability, yet another point increase say 10pts for each weapon that is stronger than a regular Titan weapon, this is fair. Now add all this up,
Imp Titan cost 2250
plane cost 200
increased range cost 150
each stronger weapon cost * 60 * not sure would have to look up each just a guess
   TOTAL COST 2660 (do like GW and round down this thing comes in at)
                               2650pts
OOpppss forgot the 2 detachments of Death Strike Missiles in this things left pocket yet more points to be added. Lets not forget we made these units special so this would just not be right to allow it. But, for general porpuse we'll just say 250pts x 2 = 500pts and I'll throw the two left over ones in for free how's that, instead of charging the 83.3 points they cost each. NEW TOTAL 3150pts, now work from here to bring the cost down, is the only way it can be done, start by weakening weapons, or make so some weapons can only fire once per every other turn, fewer sheilds. These are just some ideas, how bout some more