Re: [NetEpic ML] War Monger play test

From: Daniel Wolf <MasterDanielWolf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2000 20:20:35 +0100

Hi all!

Inevitable that i state my comments on this warmonger version! And believe on the warmonger creation i'll put my hands on, oh yes! I'm a full hearted imperial player and a big criticism which tries to keep things "on the ground" and make them not to powerful. ;-)

But enough talking.. talk about this version:

> >1 plasma to move 2 to run; 1 for fire control 2 for first fire,
> >one for sensorium, one for shields

let me say here: 1 counter for shield regeneration on a 5+, 2 counters for regeneration on 4+;

>> one for doomstrike, one for vengeance, standard plasma useage is 6 points over power >> from there

> > The Doomstrike launcher needs 1 plasma to shoot
> >
> > range attacks to hit TSM SP
> > table 2 missiles/4 blasts each 3+ under temp - can shoot 3 missiles on overcharge
> >
> > can change missiles to others, Adds stated points per and losing
> stock missile

I don'T understand quite enough, what is meaned with "attacks: 2 missiles/4 blasts each", maybe somebody can explain?

My suggestion would be: we use 5 barrage missiles (or some similar missiles) and 3 special missile (vortex,warp,harpoon).
Plasma usage is ok!

> > Vengeance Cannon needs 1 plasma to shoot
> >
> > range attacks to hit TSM SP
> >
> > 120cm 2 4+ -4 +2 damage
> > overcharge 4 3+ -4 +2 damage lists
> > 2 red 6 3+ -6 +3 damage
> > when shooting 2 red weapons burn out on roll of any ones, one turn to repair for each one

quite ok, but i think i double-barreld volcano cannon would be better (as more people mentioned);
If you take a look at the plasma annihilator of the imperator titan, you see that the vengeance cannon would be a little bit better than the annihilator (except for the point that only 2 plasma counters can be placed in it)

maybe with this profile (a maximum of 2 plasma counters of any type my be placed in the vengeance cannon; counters may be mixed and fired with different profiles as the imperator titan):

range attacks to hit TSM SP
1 green counter:
100cm 2 4+ -4
2 seperate green counters:
100cm 4 4+ -4
1 red plasma counter (overcharge):
120cm 3 3+ -4 +3 on damage tables
2 red plasma counters:
120cm 6 3+ -5 +3 on damage tables
when shooting 2 red weapons burn out on roll of any ones, one turn to repair for each one

First i started with a volcano cannon with 2 attack dice, but then i saw that this does not work. It was hard to make the volcano cannons _better_. So i decided to stay close to your original suggestion, qester. ;-) I also used your burn out roll (nice invention)!

On this weapon is interesting, that, compared to the imperator titan, it gives a modifier on damage tables!

> > Flak Battery auto-cannons fire control powered to shot on
> first fire
> >
> > range attacks to hit TSM SP
> >
> > 70cm 16 4+ -1 can shoot at any targets

After reading some of the postings and flipping the epic magazine again, i'll agree on this profile. I would only increase the range to 75cm, then they have the same range as the gun towers of the imperator titan (after all the flak batteries should be a replacement of them).
I wouldn'T let them fire on first fire if the fire control is powerd; it should be overcharged (red counter)!

> > Head guns fire control powered to shot on first fire
> >
> > range attacks to hit TSM SP
> >
> > 70cm 2 3+ -2 none

Again i have a "counter" suggestion (I know i'm nasty; am i? ;-)

range attacks to hit TSM SP
75cm 2 4+ -2
can only fire on first fire, if fire control overcharged!
I modelled this weapon after the Gun towers of the imperator titan.

> > Secondary weapons fire control powered to shot
> >
> > range attacks to hit TSM SP
> >
> > 50cm 12 5+ -1 none

Hehehe; Kill me, but i would skip these! No secondary weapons, because when you take a look at the epic magazine and compare the imperator and the warmonger titan, you see that the bastions are called "secondary weapons", but in the bastions are mainly troops, which fire bolters right?

>> 12 stands of troops in leg bastons only due to there is no room in the head, any more towers are gone
>> and more weapons and ammo

Ah i understand. These fire the bolters, right?
Therefore the follwing profile:
range attacks to hit TSM SP
15cm 12 6+ 0 none

Or let us say that 8 troops are firing bolters and 4 are firing secondary weapons?!?

> > standered Titan defence system fire control powered to work

Sorry, but i don'T know what a standard titan defence system should be?

> > Sensorium adds 30cm to the range of all non seondary weapons
> when powered and undamaged

ok.

> > Spotter plane gives line of sight of table for Doomstrike
> >
> > move save CAF weapons range A.D. to hit TSM
> > 35cm 5+ +1 bolters 15cm 2 5+ 0

OK.

> > looks right at 2250 points please play test this

Finally i just would like to say, that it seems we are getting closer now to a warmonger profile (hopefully). With the listed profile, we created a imperator titan which is quite good on his own, but is a bit "weaker" as his big brother (just my opinion).
For the points cost i can't say anything, but i would estimate that i should be cheaper than the imperator titan.
Points value? Maybe 1800 or 1900 or 2000??? I don' know.....

Bye
Dan Wolf