Re: [NetEpic ML] scifi figures.. spaceside and dirtside..

From: Kelvin henderson <kx.henderson_at_...>
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 10:01:51 +1100

At 03:43 PM 09-11-00 +0100, Bob wrote:

>Now GZG are a small private business and are as
>good as any that can be fitted into that category BUT as a result they are
>not "quick" ..

Good news for all those in the UK needing to deal with GZG. Jon has
recently hired an extra staff member and has assured everyone on the GZG
mailing list that the turn around should improve very soon.

>To compensate they are polite, pleasant, very
>helpful and the owner Jon Tuffley is, as my father would have said a
>"gentleman and a gamer" (what higher recommendation is there...heheheheh).

Isn't he what? From all the correspondence I've had personally with him as
well as on the GZG list he seems to be one of the nicest persons around.

>Oh MY!!!! The infantry are first class.. They fit in well for size with the
>old GW epic plastics and are pretty generic in appearance.. Both the combat
>and power armoured troops are to be highly recommended and the various
>nationalities can easily mix at this scale... They are cleanly cast, nicely
>posed and dare I say it look "spacey". I like them and for anyone who is
>tired of holding their breath for GW to bring out new or even the old
>plastic figures then these are the ones to go for.. They are 2.50 pounds
>sterling for 24 figures with bases and if you pay by credit card Jon charges
>the postage at cost... Good figures, nice price good service .

I will second this. I have seen the GZG Dirtside infantry and they ARE
superb. Also for those of you looking for good substitutes for ANY 6mm
futuristic tanks, you can't go past the GZG Dirtside range. They are
excellent.

>On the space ship front I ordered some packs of fighters . These are
>absolutely superb.. there are maybe 12 to 15 different designs available and
>they are all very acceptable.. For those of you looking for alternatives to
>GW's high cost offerings, you can't go far wrong with these little
>beauties.. Several look very eldar and others would fit in very nicely with
>the new necron ranges..

These wouldn't be the not-Babylon 5 fighters would they ;-). Yes. The
fighters look very good too. Especially the not-Narn fighters...
In fact, the entire Full Thrust starship range are some of the best ship
miniatures around. Even the anatomically suspect Phalons...

-Kelvin...

God came to me in a dream and said:
"The End is around here somewhere.
Did you try looking under the couch?"