scifi figures.. spaceside and dirtside..

From: chubbybob <bob_at_...>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 15:43:18 +0100

Hi group.This is for anyone not familiar with GZG products...
       Looking to expand my Epic Imperials I have been looking for
alternative figures for some time but have been reluctant to purchase any
since my faith in metal infantry figures is low.. Whilst ordering some
sample stuff from Ground Zero Games, I decided to order some of their
dirtside figures "just to see". I added some FT fighters for good measure...
I received my order today.. Now GZG are a small private business and are as
good as any that can be fitted into that category BUT as a result they are
not "quick" .. To compensate they are polite, pleasant, very
helpful and the owner Jon Tuffley is, as my father would have said a
"gentleman and a gamer" (what higher recommendation is there...heheheheh).
I received my parcel today!! It contained both Full Thrust and dirtside
figures..
Oh MY!!!! The infantry are first class.. They fit in well for size with the
old GW epic plastics and are pretty generic in appearance.. Both the combat
and power armoured troops are to be highly recommended and the various
nationalities can easily mix at this scale... They are cleanly cast, nicely
posed and dare I say it look "spacey". I like them and for anyone who is
tired of holding their breath for GW to bring out new or even the old
plastic figures then these are the ones to go for.. They are 2.50 pounds
sterling for 24 figures with bases and if you pay by credit card Jon charges
the postage at cost... Good figures, nice price good service .
This is a company well worth supporting...
The vehicles are excellent .. Again they are reasonably priced 2.50 pounds
sterling for two or three vehicles depending on size.. They are again
cleanly cast, very inspired designs and highly recommendable.. I have a few
of the VTOL vehicles and I love them.. The paladin apc is also a very
admirable beast..
On the space ship front I ordered some packs of fighters . These are
absolutely superb.. there are maybe 12 to 15 different designs available and
they are all very acceptable.. For those of you looking for alternatives to
GW's high cost offerings, you can't go far wrong with these little
beauties.. Several look very eldar and others would fit in very nicely with
the new necron ranges.. In fact these fighters would fit into almost any
space game I have ever seen.. you also get six for 0.95 pounds sterling...
The catalogue is a veritable treasure and should be obligatory viewing.. It
is one pound sterling...

GZG http://www.gtns.net/gzg (not an order site but you can order by E-mail
from jon_at_... ) you can reach them by day on tel/fax UK 01449 722322 the
zero may not be necassary when phoning from outside UK
Their figures are also available at geo hex in the USA and Eureka games in
Australia..

 Hope this is of interest
       Bob DeAngelis
PS I have no links with GZG...?=0)