Re: [NetEpic ML] War Monger cost

From: Daniel Wolf <MasterDanielWolf_at_...>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 20:37:46 +0100

Hi!

Regarding the cost of the warmonger (another wild blabla from me):

- with what profile have the aa guns counted? After thinking some more i have come to the conclusion that this profile would be the best:
range attacks to hit TSM SP
100cm 16 5+ -1 can shoot at any models; AA gun
                                                                          Other models my be targeted if they are between 25cm- 100cm (or 125cm with sensorium)

As they have just a 5+ to hit and a minimum fire range of 25cm this should make them a bit "worse".

- how have you counted the stats of the vengeance cannon?
With my newest profile it has a maximum of 2 turbo-laser-destructor guns (with 2 plasma counters!) or 4 volcano guns (with 4 plasma counters, which puts a seriously power drain on the warmonger, which means (in most circumstances) he can't do anything else!! )

Here the profile for convenience:
A green counter gives this profile:
range attacks to hit TSM SP
75cm 2 3+ -2 ---
A red counter gives this profile:
range attacks to hit TSM SP
100cm 2 3+ -4 +3 on damage tables
if any ones are rolled,the coolant system has overheated, the weapon needs one turn to cool off.

- what i'm thinking of, is if the warmonger should be able to fire 2 instead of 1 missile on charged mode and 3 instead of 2 on overcharged mode; but i would first test the stats i posted;

- as next one you have to think that the warmonger just genereates D6+2 plasma (instead of D6+6; which is a remarkable difference!). The plasma allocation is very important for the emperor class titans; if a warmonger titan wants to do all "things" (move, shoot, use sensorium, etc.) he needs a minimum of 6 plasma!

- we can try changing the weapon guns to the standard weapon head later, when we see that the warmonger is still too "good".

I would recommend that we first try a few test games, maybe with a imperator titan and a few troops on the first side and a warmonger and a few troops on the other side. We simplay use as points value for warmonger the same as imperator (2250). Then we see how good they are compared directly to each other.

Bye
Dan Wolf