Re: Planetary Defence Forces

From: <eivind.borgeteien_at_...>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 16:04:39 -0000

Hi

Well, I dont agree on this.

Firstly, I think that OPs should always be set up by mutual agreement
between the two oposing players. I do however think that the PDF
player should have a huge say about how the terrain is set up. After
all, when you build fortifications you always make sure you have a
killzone for it.

Secondly, the PDF has lousy range on their weapons, most of them has
merely 35 cm. This will say that if you have to deploy all your
fortificated units within 40 cm of the tableedge, they have no
targets the first round. The 60 cm rule would also be an advantage
for the oposing player as he has less ground to cover before he can
assault the fortifications.

(This 60 cm rule is a rule I adopted from the siege scenario GW
published years ago, but there the defending side could deploy 80 cm
from the tableedge.)

Eivind

--- In netepic_at_egroups.com, "peter ramos" <ramospeter_at_h...> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I think this is a good idea, I'd leave out the deploying at 60cm in
favor of
> letting the PDF setup the objectives as well as having some in
their hands
> at the games start. This would make most objective theirs or really
close to
> them for them to take, putting the onus on the opponent to take
them from
> the PDF.
>
> Peter
>
> >Hi!
> >I would say one free trenchcard or razorwire pr infantrycompany
only,
> >and half price for other fortifications.
> >
> >This leaves one problem though, where shall theese fortifications
be
> >set up? The setupzone is normally 40 cm from the tableedge, but
> >objective point tend to be in the middle.
> >
> >Even if you set some OPs in the PDF setupzone it is very difficult
> >for the PDF player to get enough VPs to win the battle. The oposing
> >player can easily pick a number of OPs and only have to break a few
> >PDF units to win the game.
> >
> >My suggestion i this:
> >Enlarge the PDF setupzone to 60 cm and allow the PDF player to
start
> >with holding at least 2, but no more than 4 OPs. Further, I think
> >that PDF should be the ONLY force that should be permitted allies.
We

http://explorer.msn.com