Re: [NetEpic ML] Spectre Class Titans

From: Psykedeeli Jazz <waltari_at_...>
Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 18:57:55 +0200 (EET)

On Thu, 30 Nov 2000, Daryl Lonnon wrote:

Hi ppl. I've been lurking in this list for quite a while and this is my
first post, so few words about me would be ok i guess :) My name is Jori
and I'm from Finland. I've been playing epic since SM2nd edition, though I
haven't had time for it or any opponents lately. BTW any other ppl from
finland here? Or from around Oulu? I'd really like to get into playing
again. (and mr. "jason robinson"-don't remember your real name- I STILL
have your (photo)copy of AT and SM1st ed. so please mail me if you're
reading this. can't find your email anywhere)

> A few days ago, I was in the local Wizard of the Coast store which just
> opened in the new mall across the way from where I work. Looking
> at the paintjobs in their little display space I spotted
> what appeared to be, at first glance, an epic scale Eldar titan.
>
> A closer examination prooved I was wrong, it was a GW Eldar Wraithlord
> for 40K. But I couldn't get how Epic'ish is looked out of my mind.
> So I wondered if it'd make a good base for a Phantom conversion.
> After hunting down some more pictures on the web, I came to the conclusion
> it'd probably make a pretty good titan even without conversion.
>
> I suspect others have come to the same conclusion ... but just in case,
> I figured I'd hack together some optional rules for it.

Yup. I just bought the model last week and I'm right now planning how to
convert it into a decent phantom. The head is bit too large for my taste
but it'll do fine but I think I have to build weapons from scratch
(fortunately I have lot's of old zoids-models/toys which have many
eldarish looking parts). The feet are also a problem since they don't look
like what I think eldar titans feet should look, so I'll rebuild them to
look like the original phantoms feet.

I'll propably finish this project next week and post some photos then :)

BTW, does GW still produce the smaller version of wraithguard models? I've
been looking for those because they would make nice revenants after some
major cutting and converting.

--
Jori Tykkyl�inen
P.S.