Re: [NetEpic ML] AT II

From: peter ramos <ramospeter_at_...>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2000 09:06:43 -0500

Hi!

Yes I have, in reality I even picked up the Firepower issues for potential
ideas.

They draw a great deal from the original AT rules and have similar feel.
They produce fun titan-to-titan battles. They unfortunately also share the
same problems as the original AT since the newer titan rules don't fit too
well with the standard rules. If you ever played the original AT in its full
form with titan and non-titan units mixed together there were problems of
interphase with the rules for the two types of units since they have
different rules. The current AT II and e40k rules seem to have the same
problem. This has been discussed in length in the space marine list.

The GW people have realized they "streamlined" the game too much and people
want some detail in their rules sets. It remains to be seen whether those
rules are resilient enough to accomodate the changes. We'll see if some day
they can make rules that will accomodate the tastes of players new and old,
but then again its GW we are talking about......

Peter