RE: [NetEpic ML] The way the wind blows

From: <nils.saugen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Dec 2000 09:28:52 +0100

Hi,

I guess that in our gaming group we have always made our own house rules to
almost every game we have ever played. However, I must say that a constant
awailability of minis and other game supplements are neccesary for a gaming
system to survive. Although we have played Epic scale wh40k for almost a
decade, it's only in the last couple of years we have had the finances to
collect and paint our armies, so we do not have an abundance of minis to
choose from. We have tried to introduce the game to several of our friends,
but it has gotten more and more difficult to get the right miniatures
(especially infantry). We have bought up a lot of stuff from other gamers
here in Norway but still we have had to make changes to the rules as to
accomodate our minis availability. However, we have always managed to make
the neccesary adjuctments and the Chaos army we have built over the last
couple of months has become a real beauty!

I guess, the searching for substitutes (greater deamons and primarchs) has
been the greatest challenge, but looking on the minis we have found I would
say one of the most revarding efforts in our history of playing Epic.

I would also like to comment on the work done by this group in creating new
armies like the Slann, PDF and SoB. Thanks to these effords (Mainly the
creation of the Slann/necron) we are now able to introduce new players to
the game. Granted, there has been a great deal of controvercy with regards
to the Slann Rules (At least up here in the North) but we now have a set of
rules that seem to work alright. The amount of work put down by some of the
members on this list is nothing but impressive! Lets keep up the good work!

I must admit though, that part of the fasination of playing miniature
wargames is the collecting and painting of miniatures! And to see them
displayed on the battlefield, how sad it is to loose a unit with a special
paint job...... The prebattle planning, and the excitement before the start
of the game, the good feeling of making a gamewinning die roll, the fun of
seeing your enemy go right into your trap, the frustration when you discover
that you have gone into his trap, are all the things that makes us come back
to the tabletop week after week. Even though real life prevents us from
playing as often as we like, we have managed to get a couple of games going
each month since this summer. I guess that discovering NetEpic and this list
has revitaliced our Epic gaming. Last but not least (and I think Eivind will
agree on this) making battlereports is the ultimate fun of playing Epic!!!

Well thats my 2 kroner!

Have fun!

Nils