RE: [NetEpic ML] alternate figures and deja vu...Ian Mcdowall.

From: <jyrki.saari_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2000 09:40:41 +0200

I see other people have this problem, too. Even though I can't boast of
"having played just about everything that is out there", like some people
;-) I still own more games than I most likely ever have time to play (about
50, not including computer or RP games). Although most of these are board
games I do have the original RT with both Battle Manual and Vehicle Manual,
DS II, Full Thrust, Bladestorm, AT, SM1 + Codex Titanicus, SM2 + Titan
Legions, Gear Krieg and a host of free games found in the web. My problem is
that I actually LIKE reading rules and seeing different game mechanics, and
so my collection grows steadily each year...

> I convert just
> about every figure before painting and my armies are almost
> unique in their
> appearance ..

My armies, unfortunately, look very plain. The only conversions I have made
up to date are two Rough Rider command stands. I like gaming more than
painting and so my armies aren't a stunning sight (I don't bother with
highlights 'n stuff) but I still paint all of them.

[snip]

> "Nice" figures are Scotia and Adler.. All are adaptable if

Do these companies have websites?

> you are not "an
> adherent of chapter approved.. I have been helped by finding
> many years ago
> a box of some 300 squats at a bring and buy all of which were
> equipped with
> heavy bolters or rocket launchers.. With These I separate
> the weapons from
> the figure and stick them to my substitute ranges to give
> them a 40k feel
> but it's not really necassary.. if anyone would like to see
> some scans of
> painted examples I would be happy to oblige . just send me
> your E address
> and I will mail you the pics..

jyrki.saari_at_...

I look forward to seeing them.

> Anyway enough rambling for now..
>
> Bob deAngelis

[snip]

Jyrki Saari

-There is no such thing as free lunch because eating takes time and time is
money.